Friday, August 24, 2012

Am I glad that I am me?


Analytical Instrumenation class... 11:20 AM 24th Aug 2012...



    A girl listens to the lecture. I notice something written on her pouch " I'm glad I'm me!". That raises 2 questions: Am I? Are we? I never really gave much thought to it. What part of myself I call me? Appearance? Knowledge? Character? All the above? I have no idea.

    But I can answer this question. What differentiates me from others? A constant feeling that forces me to move forward towards my goal. This feeling defines me. Am I glad? NO... I'm indifferent. I'm OK with what I am for now. I'm not satisfied and I strongly believe that I'll never be. Enough about question 1.

    Are we glad with what we are? What are the parameters to be considered in judging whether a person is happy or not? People say that these parameters vary from person to person and is inappropriate to judge a person to be happy or not, based on the parameters that we consider for judging ourselves. Thats what people say. What i think? I think thats BS.

    Whenever I see happy people, I consider them trapped inside the matrix. I believe that everyone lives inside their own matrix believing that they are happy. Happiness is a myth and people who believe in myth and lies, live in the matrix.

  
             So, Am I glad?

                        Thats a stupid question...

2 comments:

  1. happiness is a feeling.. it exists.. ppl who are happy do live a better satisfied life than anyone else.. at the end, when u leave, many might talk about what u''ve achieved but all that matters for u is whether u've lived ur life HAPPILY and made others HAPPY as far as you can.. and not ur certificates or knowledge or anything..

    ReplyDelete
  2. assuming happiness is a feeling. it has to be tied to something. I'm happy about what? When we are not able to accomplish something, we say I'm happy with what I have. happiness is not absolute. It is not even a real one. It's a temporary pleasure due to our belief that we are worth something. people who doesn't believe that they can do something cannot be happy.

    it reminds me of a dialogue from twilight movie:
    in reply to this phrase "At least they seem happy." Jacob says,
    "None of them belongs to themselves anymore, and the sickest part is their genes tell them they are happy about it"

    they don't know what they doing(consciously), or if they, they don't have enough knowledge about themselves. I see no differences between them and a drunken fellows.

    living in a small corner of (their own) world doesn't seems to be meaningful to me. I should leave footprints stronger and deeper than my ancestors. living physically happy for 50 or 60 years is nothing when compared to living in peoples mind forever(at least for the next few millenium).

    and about satisfaction, the un-satisfied feeling thats what keeps us moving towards goal. ones potential starts deteriorating when he starts to taste the satisfaction. an un resolved hunger, that huge appetite, that is what residing in deep myself... and thats i gonna help me find my purpose in earth...

    ReplyDelete